*I partnered with Lunchbox to bring you this recipe post using Hellmann’s mayonnaise.
All thoughts are 100% my own
Your favorite mayonnaise is turning 100! Hellmann’s and Best Foods mayonnaise isn’t just for sandwiches – did you know it can also be used to moisten chocolate cake and to add juiciness to a burger?!
Hellmann’s has partnered with Mario Batali to create some delicious summer recipes, like this tasty juicy burger recipe, all in celebration of Hellmann’s 100 Year Anniversary.
To help celebrate Hellmann’s anniversary, I decided to create one of Mario Batali’s recipes here in my home. We were having a BBQ for dinner, it was the perfect time to make the Juicy Salsa Burger. And to have a little fun.. I didn’t tell them what was in the burger.
Could they guess what the secret ingredient is?
Secretly, on the side, I mixed everything together. Tossed in the Hellmann’s mayonnaise and hid it from my family. I noticed right off the bat how juicy this burger was, even before grilling! I wondered how it would cook.
The color was beautiful, the grill marks made it look like something out of a magazine and the smell was amazingly aromatic. I put the finishing touches on top with some fire roasted salsa and let my family members each take a bite.
My husband was first in line, he took a few bites and couldn’t figure out what the secret ingredient was. His response was “Onions?”.
I let my children take a taste and all my 5 year old could say was “This is juicy mommy, but I don’t know what’s in it”. Not that I expected my 5 year old to know what mayonnaise was.
I let my friends try it too, they all said that they had no clue what was in it, besides the obvious salsa on top.
After telling my guests that the secret ingredient was Hellmann’s mayonnaise, they raised their eyebrows and were all surprised.
The overall comments that I received about the Juicy Salsa Burger were:
- I can’t believe how juicy this burger is
- I would like to start making my burgers like this
- This would be really tasty as a meatloaf type dish!
I hadn’t thought about using these ingredients as a meatloaf dish, but it proved a point that Hellmann’s can be used in so many ways to transform your summer dishes into something amazing.
Here is the same recipe that I used from the Hellmann’s website for the Juicy Salsa Burger
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1/2 onion, peeled and grated
- 3 Tbsp. Hellmann´s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise Dressing
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup salsa, or more for serving (fire-roasted salsa preferred)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ground chuck, Hellmann´s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise Dressing, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder (if using) together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make patties.
- Grill to desired temperature.
- Top with salsa and serve on buns.
Discover all the different ways you can use Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® at bit.ly/SC_Hellmanns!