Just in time for Baby Safety month, Munchkin has reinvented child proofing with a new line of safety accessories!
Many of the child proofing products that we have been using were from when Andrew was born, he is 4 years old now. Back then, the products we used were the latest and the greatest so of course I thought that they would be perfect for our little girl too!
Boy was I missing out…
I decided to open everything up and give it a look, figured it couldn’t hurt to see what new products might help us more than what we were currently using.
The Munchkin All in One Childproofing kit comes with the following:
- 8 Drawer and Cabinet Latches
- 12 Plug Covers
- 4 XTRAGUARD™ Soft Impact Corner Cushions
- 1 XTRAGUARD™ Dual Purpose Door Stopper
Also included in our review kit, an XtraGuard Dual Locking Appliance Latch and a 4 Pack of Corner Cushions.
The Munchkin Dual Locking Appliance Latch is my favorite thing in the world right now!
Andrea has learned where her milk is and has grown enough independence to open the fridge herself and pull things out.
This spells disaster! Fridge doors get left open, food gets pulled out, and milk gets spilled on the floor. Sound familiar?
Latches that I’ve tried in the past have all been a big fat FAIL.
This latch is super awesome! The latch will reach around corners with it’s flexible strap, it requires TWO buttons to be pushed in order to release the latch, and the latch is rotatable so when it’s in the unlocked position you can rotate the latch downwards to have the strap hanging down out of your way.
The XtraGuard Dual Purpose Door Stopper is included in the All in One Childproofing Kit from Munchkin.
I’ve never used anything like this before, but it’s so neat and functional!
Slide the door stopper on any door to provide a gap between the door and frame, saving little fingers from getting smooshed.
Get this.. This door stopper can also act as a door wedge! Slide it under any door to keep your little one, or the wind, from shutting a door that you want to keep open.
My only wish is that we had more of them.
Our little people may not be accident proof, but our home can be child proof to prevent injuries when they become curious and clumsy.
Baby Safety Month is such a big reminder to take a moment and look around your house and see what could be potentially harmful to your child.
Here are a few baby safety tips from Munchkin:
- Always consider suffocation hazards. Remove soft and loose bedding, including pillows, blankets, comforters, bumper pads, sleep positioners, and stuffed toys from your baby’s sleep area. The best choice for a toy chest is one without a lid (or a lightweight, removable lid).
- Keep corded baby monitors and other items with cords, strings or ribbons out of the reach of small children. Cordless window coverings are recommended.
- Secure poisoning hazards. Medicines (prescription and over-the-counter), button batteries, grooming products, cleaning products, art supplies, pesticides, plants, antifreeze, alcohol, baby oil, and even table salt can be extremely dangerous.
- Secure falling hazards. Large and heavy items like TVs, microwaves, bookcases, and furniture should be anchored or strapped to the wall.
When thinking about your child proofing needs, be sure to check out Munchkin’s new line of baby safety accessories.
Disclosure of Material Connection: The above mentioned product was received for free in hopes that I would mention it on Mommy of Two Little Monkeys. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my disclosure policy.